Sunday, October 24, 2010

Mind If I Brag?

Can I take just a second to brag on my God for a bit? Yesterday I attended the Celebrate Recovery seminar in Tulsa and it was WONDERFUL. The worship was fantastic, the teaching was superb, the testimonies were almost too much to handle. What a great time with other cracked pots out there. They always introduced themselves like this:

Hi, my name is ______. I'm a believer and follower of Jesus Christ who's recovering from.....

They ranged from co-dependency to fear to cocaine addiction to grief. Then everyone in the auditorium (roughly 200) would say "Hi....". It was great. So, in keeping with that theme:

Hi, my name is Jessica. I'm a believer and follower of Jesus Christ recovering from co-dependency, depression, alcohol and sex addiction as well as attempted suicide.

Real. Man I love real. Being real, seeing real...it's just good. Everyone took the mask off so we could see the rawness that was there. And ya know what...it was WAY more beautiful than the mask.

Then today...ah...today. My husband who can count on one hand the times he's been to church went to church with me!!!!!!! Hallelujah!!! I was so proud of him, and so humbled by the work God is doing in this formally very satan gripped home. It was defiantly strange going to church with someone who hasn't gone much. When the Lord's supper was passed around the poor fella didn't know what to do with it. When a couple went through the doors to be baptized he leaned over to me and whispered, "where are they going?" Sweet fella. Is it a coincidence he has just today started having Sunday's off even though the entire time we've been together he has NEVER had Sunday's off and now that's his permanent schedule? I think not. When we walked out he looked at me and said, "Ya know, the few times I have been to church, they always seem to have just what I needed to hear, something that pertains directly to me."...I just beamed and said, "They did!" God knew you were coming! Of course he blessed our sweet pastor with just the right words to say.

Oh how I do love to brag on my God. I did purchase the celebrate recovery Bible at conference yesterday and there are some powerful testimonies in it. So, I'm delegating Tuesdays on this blog as "Testimony Tuesday"...I pray you'll be encouraged. What is the Lord doing in your life right now? What prayer requests do you have? What is satan trying to steal away from you? Joy? Your spouse? Your child? Your willpower? I'm praying for you. You're NOT alone!

2 comments:

  1. YAY!! I am so glad your husband went to church with you! That is the first step!
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete