Saturday, April 23, 2011

Raining Down~Love and Water :)

Oh this sweet rain!!! It's been raining...and I mean RAINING..complete with thunder, lightening, ominous colors and clouds, hail...for 2 days straight so far...and there's no sign of stopping. My personal favorite part of spring. I swear I fall asleep with a smile on my face while my window is wide open and the sounds of the drops hitting the pavement outside my humble apartment splash down and lull me to a deep, satisfying sleep. I love watching my kids splash in the impressively deep puddles that form the outside of the parking lot. I love after it all dries, the sun bursts out like an old flame, and the flowers and greenery seem to yawn and stretch before it telling us summer isn't to far beyond...but they're in no hurry for it, and neither am I.

Tomorrow is Easter. Easter. The day each year that I'm reminded of my purpose for breathing in and out each day. The day the word HOPE was derived from. The day my eyes stay moist because my mind is on my beloved who stanched the keys of hell away so that I can live on this earth and meet Him to live forever when this time is done. Easter. My favorite day of the year.

Like the sweet, delicious rain that fell on my skin today, and the precious reminder that there is One who loves me so much that He CHOSE to die for me...how could I be anything other...than

RESTORED!!!

Matthew 28:6 "He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said. Come, see the place where He was lying."

1 comment: